The Kentucky Department of Housing, Building and Construction, Division of HVAC issued an interpretation of regulations concerning the HVAC license. These changes are effective June 30, 2010.
Among these changes are:
- Licenses are to be renewed by the end of your birth month.
- License holders born between January 1st and May 31st are not required to provide continuing education units (CEU’s) with their license renewal for this year only.
- License holders born between June 1st and December 31st are required to provide eight (8) hours of CEU’s with their license renewal.
- CEU courses must be a minimum of two (2) hours in length.
- Only four (4) hours CEU training can be safety-related courses.
- All CEU classes must be pre-approved by the Division of HVAC.
What do these changes mean to us?
- “Toolbox talks” given on the jobsite after June 20, 2010 will not be accepted since they normally are not two (2) hours long or pre-approved by the Division of HVAC.
- If you take a 10-hour or 30-hour OSHA certification, or any other approved safety class, only four (4) hours of that time can be used for CEU credit.
- CEU credits acquired up to twelve (12) months before your birth month renewal will be accepted.
To acommodate our members in the Louisville and Lexington areas, four (4) hour HVAC CEU classes are held the first Wednesday of each month from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM beginning January, 2010. To enroll in one of these classes, please call the school at (502) 245-2412 or (877) 245-2412 (toll free).
Also, there will be two (2) four (4) hour HVAC CEU classes held every quarter on Saturday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM for those who may be working out of town or on shift work and cannot attend the Wednesday evening classes.
To enroll in one of these classes, please call the school at (502) 245-2412 or (877) 245-2412 (toll free).
These classes will be held at the Kentucky Institute of Sheet Metal Technology, 810 North English Station Road, Louisville Kentucky 40223.